Friday, November 13, 2015

Clean Eating & Fitness Blender

I've been active all my life. I was a dancer from ages 5-12, basketball player from ages 10-17, volleyball player from ages 11-26. I've also always loved to run through out these years, it's one of my favorite ways to get some mental clarity. 

Because of all this "active living" though, I have never been much inclined to workout at the gym, lift weights, follow a workout program, or practice anything resembling a diet. This never mattered much when I was young and had a super fast metabolism, but after 2 years of being in post-secondary school and struggling with bad eating/exercising habits all of a sudden I noticed I was sinking.  After another year and a half out of school trying to recover my previous body but finding no success with the limited fitness knowledge I had, I finally turned to Fitness Blender. I know I've mentioned it briefly a few times before so sorry if I sound like a broken record, but it has honestly changed my life so much I can't help but want to keep talking about it! 

Simply put: It's a website with an assortment of free workout videos or workout programs and meal plans that you can purchase. 

The website allows you to select the area of body you want to work on, the amount of time you want to spend, the assortment of equipment (or lack there of) that you have available to use, etc. And, if you download the app, you'll find there is an entire community of support which truly is great for the ego!  

After a couple months of using the free workout videos on top of my usual running and volleyball, although I was seeing progress, I definitely noticed I was starting to slip from day to day. So finally I decided to purchase a workout program. 

Last week I finished FB30 (just the two week trial) and then this week I started FBbooty and FBabs (both four weeks). In six months of working out with Fitness Blender I've only spent $20.00 and I have seen more progress in my body than ever before. Not only have I seen shapely progress but I am now ALWAYS eager to want to workout! As soon as I finish one video, I want to start another one. Everyday I am eager to see what the next day workout is.  

Also, somehow during all of this (I think mostly thanks to the insanely supportive and creative app community) I have also started to get excited about clean eating, or in other words #eatrealfood. I'm buying way more fresh veggies/
produce instead of boxed/packaged basics when I go grocery shopping. I've also learned to do "generic meal prep." I chop up all my veggies ahead of time so when I go to make a meal,  everything is already ready to go. Yes, you lose some nutritional value chopping early, but not more than letting everything go bad instead because you're too lazy to prep when meal time comes. 

Anyway, I know I'm starting to ramble but I really just wanted to stress what a good website this is because of how much it has improved my lifestyle! No matter what your level of fitness (brand new or seasoned veteran) I highly recommend you check it out and I'd love to hear what you think! 

(Post workout photo-so sweaty, #eatrealfood dinner, power walk with the pup) 

How do you feel about fitness? Are you stuck in a rut like I was? 
-Linds 






2 comments:

  1. I will have to check the website out. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you found something that worked for you. P and I eat out quite a bit, but we try to eat "clean" at home and avoid buying processed food for the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, out of sight out of mind works wonders for me!....mostly lol (there's still that once in a while that I just have to run out to the store for a treat though)
      -Linds

      Delete