Saturday, January 31, 2015

"...happy girls are the prettiest"

I'm just going to start this off with saying sorry Rach, but I am totally jacking this from your profile because after I read it, I honestly cannot stop thinking about it. (P.s. everyone please check out my friend Rachel's blog!)

So here we go:

You probably recall my post from the other day about me struggling with finding myself, or really knowing who I am, and what my direction in life is. Well, a couple days ago I came upon a quote from the lovely miss Rachel and it really hit me hard. 

"...happy girls are the prettiest."

This makes me think of a few people in particular who, well, let's be honest, are pretty anyway, but their beauty just seems to radiate off of them because they have this happiness inside them that glows through. So here I go, saying it out loud....You, friends, make me incredibly jealous...but don't worry, it's jealousy in a good way, not in the I want to stab you in the neck kind of way...or is it?!

I used to think that I was one of those people, always smiling, just glowing with life and energy. Sure people comment that I smile a lot, but let me tell you, this is not necessarily the same thing. Yes, I am happy with my life, I have said this and I think proven it a million times before. I have a husband that I could not be prouder of or possibly love any more, and my family is always supportive of me, I have a good job, and good life. So, you ask, why do I not fall in this category? 

Well, because I am, shall we say, a cranky, neurotic, uptight, stress case most of the time. Sure I have my moments where I am bubbling with energy and a wicked positive attitude but, it's not something I am really known for. In my marriage, Mark is the optimist, I am the pessimist. I am always preparing, anticipating, expecting the worse case scenario, whereas Mark is the go with the flow, roll with the punches kind of guy, who just beams with life and energy. He is the epitome of, well the male version of "happy girls are the prettiest."

So with all of that being said, I would just like to take a special moment 
to let all those girls who just beam with happiness know that they truly are the prettiest. They may not be supermodels walking down the runway, or posing in magazines, but their beauty is literally indescribable because it comes from somewhere else. I envy all of you, and it is my goal to be able to be seen as one of those people. 



Keep on smiling!
-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment