Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Moving....again

It has finally come time when the current place that we rent is moving ahead with getting torn down in order for development to happen. Because of this, we have been given our notice and have to be out by March 1, 2015. This leaves us exactly 31 days from right now to find something else. 

Now normally this wouldn't be the toughest thing to do (I've done it before with less notice), but this time we have, not only our two cats, but also the 65lb 1 year old puppy to bring with us. Trying to find a place to rent, when you have a dog feels almost impossible. 

Thankfully we have had a lot of Marks co-workers and my family offer for us to stay with them temporarily until we are able to find something that suits us, but obviously we don't want to be a burden, and to be honest, and I don't want to have to move an extra time.

Mentally I am already trying to figure out what stuff I can chuck, donate, and sell before we actually pack up and get out of here, but at the same time, I am very resistant to the whole thing, because let's be honest, does anyone really enjoy packing? Don't get me wrong, I like the unpacking part: the fresh start in a new space, choosing where to put what shelf, which way to face the bed or the couch, etc., all of that decorating and organizational stuff I find fun and soothing to my slightly OCD brain. 

But, for now, it's the dread of looking at place after place, meeting person after person, and then the ultimate, lugging and hulling of box after box. 

Sorry folks, but this is all I can muster up with the energy I have today (plus I'm literally about to leave for work in like 10 minutes), but I will keep you guys updated, and I think I might even have a "packing up your place" post brewing, but honestly that all depends on how the whole process unfolds!

(This look on Captain's face describes exactly how I felt when I found out we have to move)


Take care
-Linds


3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Moving sucks. But maybe you will find a much better place, and one where there will be no break-ins?! Stay positive, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I would be stressed. Thirty days seems short, if you had not been thinking that you would need to move for a while! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've had a few meltdowns already.....dealing with people from craigslist can really be a nightmare sometimes!
    -Linds

    ReplyDelete