Friday, February 5, 2016

Couples That Sweat Together Stay Together

I finally convinced Mark to join me for a workout! 


Now reading this you might feel slightly confused because Mark and I have always been "active" together, but really, that mostly just consists of volleyball and walks with Captain. Now, don't get me wrong, I love that we are active together, but since my new found love of fitness, I've been secretly hoping that Mark would want to join me for workouts, and get fit with me as well. 

Mark used to work out tons when he was younger so he's always had a good physique, but I think since he's started seeing such positive changes in my body lately, that he was becoming more and more intrigued about the workout programs I am following.

Slowly I would notice that once in a while he would peak in on me during my workouts to see what I was doing. Then, he started making comments on how challenging some of the moves looked. Eventually I would convince him to just try a move or two, and a couple times I even convinced him to do a full set of push-ups or whatever move I was working on when he walked in. Finally, on February 1, 2016, he joined me for a full fledged upper body strength training workout!



He laced up shoes, and did the entire workout with me. He huffed and puffed quite a bit, but he lifted pretty heavy and seemed to enjoy himself! I asked him if he was interested in joining me for another one tomorrow. His answer: "Maybe." I asked him if he wanted to take "before" pictures (I had just taken mine a couple days before). His answer: "Yes."


(February 1, 2016) 


(January 24, 2016)

And there you have it folks! Mark has joined me for two workouts in the last four days (two days were rest days + we had volleyball), and he's going to join me again tonight for another one! I could not be more thrilled that he seems to genuinely be interested in my new fitness adventures! I absolutely love having his company while I work out, we check each others form, and I get slightly competitive so I find I push myself harder. We even try to challenge each other - we did a flexed arm hang last night and I was only 14 seconds behind Mark.

You see the saying all over the internet:

"Couples That Sweat Together Stay Together"

and I honestly believe it is so true!

Whether we are going for a neighbourhood walk with the dog, a hike on a mountain, playing volleyball together, trying a new sport, or doing a workout together, we are at our best and our worst when we are sweating and if you can still find the love between each other at those times, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a relationship that will last!
(A sweaty mess after finishing our workout)
Are you a couple that sweats together?
-Linds 

No comments:

Post a Comment