Sunday, April 3, 2016

Our Big Baby


(Mark & I with Captain Axel - approx. 2 yrs old & 80lbs) 
Mark and I discussed and agreed long ago that we don't want kids of our own. It's funny though because having a puppy can be eerily similar to a baby, or so I'm told - I will never really know for sure. 

One similarity that I do feel pretty certain about though is the unconditional love we share. The bond between us is so strong that I can't even comprehend a life without him. Although challenging at times (especially in the initial few months), he has brightened our life in such a way that Mark and I have become stronger both individually as well as as husband and wife. 

Having a puppy has changed us for the better and here are just a few of the reasons why: 
-he's a sucker for routine, but relishes in spontaneity 
-he knows how to appreciate the simple things in life 
-he will show/make you feel a wide complexity of emotions 
-he trusts instinctively 
-he never says no to a walk, no matter how long or short 
-he knows how to get what he wants (ie more space/blankets in bed, or extra treats) however, he will always let you have what you need first

There are a million more reason why having a fur baby is one of the best decisions Mark and I have ever made and I plan to share more and more with you in the future. 
Do you have a fur baby? I'd love it if you shared at least one reason why you love them!
-Linds

2 comments:

  1. They make me laugh every day.
    Nobody is ever as excited for me to come home as they are.
    They are my personal trainers: Make me go for walks even if I don't feel like it, and cheer me on when I do yoga.
    They give the best kisses (sorry Rich).
    They make our life complete!

    ReplyDelete