Monday, August 15, 2016

Playing games?

Why do we play all these games?

As I am getting older, I have started to learn, instead of pouting and throwing a temper tantrum like we did as toddlers, even as teenagers (I threw attitude instead), to just say it instead. If I'm hurt, say so, if all I want is a kiss, just ask for it.

Yes, maybe it sometimes feels arrogant or demanding, but I've learned over the years, that if I'm not willing to say what I want or how I feel than I can't expect people to be able to gauge what I need. 

Here's the other thing, what do you do if you don't know what you want or need.....well surprise, just say so. There is no harm in not having an answer.

I am a big "I dunno"-er....it sucks. I used to just "not know" because I never wanted the blame if I chose something and it ended up being the wrong choice. I've grown up a lot since then. It's okay to decide stuff. It's okay to decide stuff and to be wrong in those decisions. Life isn't going to beat us to a pulp for every single mistake we make. Just be brave.



-Linds



No comments:

Post a Comment