Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Running Empty

Way to often I am guilty of letting my fridge run empty for days, sometimes even weeks, at a time. Of course I use the obvious excuses, I'm too busy to cook, too tired to go shopping, etc. etc. But the reality is undeniable. What my fridge looks like on the inside reflects both how I look and feel inside and out. 
(Running on empty)
After going the past few days on frozen meals, left overs, and eating out, I finally mustered up the energy today to do a thorough grocery shop. 

I stocked up on all the fixings and am going to make a full well-rounded meal for the first time in too long. I also went ahead and did a bunch of meal prep as well for the next few days. Nothing too extreme, just some chopping and dividing portions.  

(Stocked up strong)
Its amazing how the way my fridge looks on the inside is going to thoroughly improve my next few days. Being well prepared and properly fueled is the best way to keep me on the right track to stay motivated and energized for whatever the day throws on my plate...pun intended! 

Whats stocked up in your fridge?
-Linds 



4 comments:

  1. An empty fridge makes me nervous. As much as I dislike grocery shopping, I dislike having no food more! Our freezer is always stocked with the essentials, bread and meat and ice cream (!), so we don't have to go hungry. But I'm happiest when we have tons of fresh fruit and veggies at home, makes me feel healthy lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fruits n veggies make all the difference!
      I recently read a tip to chop everything up ahead of time (you lose some nutritional value, but you're much more inclined to eat it ) so now way less stuff goes to waste !

      Delete
  2. Grocery shopping has become a much dreaded chore around our house. Both P and I hate the grocery stores here for a variety of reasons. I do like not having to "search" for food all day long though, and feel like the week just goes so much smoother when we have a stocked fridge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds just like us!
      Unfortunately I get an extra day off compared to Mark so I almost always do the shopping. I rush through it as fast as possible just to get it over with!
      -Linds

      Delete