Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pinterest Project: Pineapple Sausage Skewer

I had a shift at Langley Memorial Hospital last month (my first in about 6 months). I hadn't been there in so long, that I literally missed the entire pregnancy of one of my fav techs there. However, one of my other fav techs gave me the heads up that they were throwing a baby shower potluck for her at lunch the day I was scheduled to work! 

Since I found out on pretty short notice, I didn't have much time to plan a dish to bring to the potluck so, of course, I quickly scowered Pinterest for some simple, quick ideas. 

Here's what I found: 
(Glazed Kielbassa Sausage Pineapple Skewer)

Ingredients:
-1 Kielbasa Sausage 
-1 can pineapple chunks (save the juice for the glaze)
-toothpicks
Glaze:
-3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
-1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
-1 tbsp honey
-1 tbsp pineapple juice (leftover from can)

Directions
-Soak your toothpicks in water (so they don't burn while baking) 

-Preheat oven to 425-f degrees. 
-Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

-Stack a piece of pineapple on top of a slice of Kielbasa sausage and place on parchment paper (wait until after you drizzle the glaze to put the toothpicks in) 

-In a small bowl combine glaze ingredient

-Glaze the kielbasa and pineapple bites
-Stick each portion with a toothpick 

-Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
-Let cool slightly and serve

What do you think? 
-Linds

2 comments: