Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Resolutions

As most bloggers are probably doing, I am also starting the new year off with my list of resolutions for 2016!

In no particular order here they are:

Complete FBfit (the old one plus the new one that is coming out next week!)
-I've already done FBreach, FB30 (2 week trial), FBbooty, FBabs, and am currently working on FB30 (8 week program). The FBfit programs have longer videos and include a bit more weight lifting so I'm excited for a challenge! 
(FBfit 8 week program)

Complete two French novels
-Last year I received the 1st Harry Potter novel in french and I'm three quarters of the way through. I plan to finish it, plus read the two Sarah Dessen novels I received for x-mas in French before the end of this year...which means I should probably pick up the pace! 
(My two French Sarah Dessen novels)

Grow my nails 
-This one goes on my list every year, and this one I fail at every year. 2016 is going to finally be the year of nice...well, let's be realistic, decent nails!  
(Here is day 1)

Do a controlled handstand
-Last year I made a 30 before 30 list which included doing a controlled headstand. Since it only took me a month or two for success, I plan to up the stakes this year and aim to accomplish a full handstand. 

Go camping
-Every year Mark and I say we're going to camp in the summer, and every year the summer comes, flies by, and next thing we know winter is upon us. This year I am so determined to finally go camping! 

Teach Captain a new trick
-I always find myself forgetting how important it is to keep Captain mentally stimulated. Teaching new tricks is a great way to keep him active (even if hes not running around outside). I've already started teaching Captain to "up" so I plan on getting him confident at that plus maybe a "spin" or something a little more challenging. 
(Teaching Captain "up/dance")

Complete 7 chin-ups 
-I decided I wanted a really tough fitness goal this year so Mark came up with this for me: "Do as many chin-ups as I can do today" he said. So today Mark did as many chin-ups as he could (clean form). The result: 7. So, now I have to do 7 complete chin-ups. This is going to be a huuuuuge challenge for me since I've been known as "noodle arms", but I'm excited to let my body surprise me!  

And, speaking of Mark, I also have to include his resolution because this is the first year since we have been together (over 6.5 years) that he is actually making one and I could not be more thrilled! 
Marks resolution is to read a book. This is huuuuuge because a) he hates anything academic, b) I think he's going to love it way more than he expects, and c) it'll give us something else in common! Oh, plus, he's going to let me help him choose the book! If anyone has any suggestions for a book for the man who is discouraged by reading, please let me know! 

What are your New Years Resolutions for 2016?
-Linds 





2 comments:

  1. Yay, handstand sister!!! I'm thrilled that you join me in my handstand goal! The chin-ups will come in handy, you need strong arms.
    Way to go with the French reading, I remember nothing from 3 years of French in high school and could never get through a book.
    Amazing goals Linds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam! I am really excited for this year :)
      -Linds

      Delete