Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Relationships

Today I have something that is pretty difficult for me to talk about: Relationships....relationships in a negative way.

I have recently lost two very close girl friends and it only took about 10 minutes. No they didn't pass away in some tragic accident (that would be unbearable), but I did lose them nonetheless.

I had two very close girl friends who I have been close with for about the last 5 years. At times we were closer than others, but overall, I had a bond with each of them that I cherished. Sadly, I recently learned that both of those two girlfriends betrayed me in a way that I cannot seem to wrap my head around. They did/said things that were so beyond crossing the line that I can barely stand to think about it.

I am hurt....I am angry...I am embarrassed, frustrated, confused...... I am so many things, and I can barely seem to get any clarity, let alone try to get over it. My hubby is working with me tirelessly to help me overcome my emotional/mental dilemma, but I know myself pretty well, and this will be something that will effect any/all of my future relationships. I will never be the same person I was before these friends hurt me the way that they did.

Maybe it was naïve of me to think that friendships can last forever, but I really thought I had found people who cared for me as much as I for them, and who would prioritize me the same way I would them. I was wrong. I am wrong.

Never underestimate the power of untold stories being told way to late, lapses in judgment that cannot be taken back, or hateful words laced with a simmer of positive intention.

-Linds


2 comments:

  1. Ugh, that's tough. Sadly, I believe it's part of life to make - and lose - friends. I think that a large part of it is people changing at different times, and sometimes we drift apart without anybody being guilty of anything.
    On the other hand, being betrayed by people you thought were your friends is incredibly hard, and I'm so sorry that you have to go through that! Please, don't lose your trust in people though. For every bad experience there are twice as many good ones! You will make new friends again, ones that deserve your trust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Miriam. It will never not hurt when you get betrayed by people...all I can do now is work on moving on from it.
      -Linds

      Delete