Tuesday, October 14, 2014

About me!

Hi All, 

Welcome to my blog! No matter how you came to find it (whether by chance, or actually searching for me), I would love it if you stick around and check out some of my posts. I am super eager to hear comments & feedback so please don't hesitate.


Here's a little about me to get you started:
My name is Lindsay, and it's totally fine if you want to call me Linds. I am 28 years old and I was born in Surrey, B.C. Canada. I moved to Langley, B.C. when I was about four years old and grew up in the same family home until I was about 20 years old. 

I am the youngest of four girls, and we're all about 18 months from the next. Yes, my parents must have been busy, and yes, my poor dad living with five women in the house was rough.

(From left to right: Dianna (2nd youngest), Leigh (2nd oldest), Claudia (my mom), Bob (my dad), Me (youngest), Christina (oldest))

I grew up learning to ride motorcycles on camping trips (I think that was the closest my dad got to any of us having "boy-like" interests), but I also danced for pretty much all of my elementary school years (jazz, tap, ballet, lyrical, hip hip, musical theatre). I then started playing basketball in grade 6 and volleyball in grade 7. I've always had a competitive spirit and sports was an easy outlet for me. 

Eventually in high school I focused my attention to volleyball, and to be honest the rest is kind of history. I started dating my now husband in 2009 after having met him while playing recreational volleyball together. About 6 months after that, we moved in together. Yes, everyone cautioned me not to rush in to anything but, I'm very glad I didn't listen because about four years after that, we were happily married...and still are.

(November 30, 2013)


We live in Langley (as renters), and are desperately hoping to one day soon own our own home. We have a very skittish cat named Mouse, who refuses to show his face when we have company over (aside from scurrying from one room to the next in total fear). On the total opposite end of the spectrum though, we have a 4 year old dog named Captain Axel. He is a social butterfly and is known for his devilishly good looks. 
     

I  do shift work as an X-ray Tech and spend most of my free evenings playing volleyball. I tend to fill my days off with a variety of things like: taking the pup for long walks, constantly reorganizing my closet in an attempt to improve my fashion sense (I've tried a few fashion posts here and there, but honestly my sister Dianna got most of those skills), working out, reading, and just trying to live my best life. 

This definitely isn't everything but I don't want to ramble too much, so this is all for now. Hope you enjoyed and will be back to check out my blogging adventures!
-Linds






5 comments:

  1. LOVE.IT!!! This is a great "About" page Lindsay! They are so difficult to write, and you nailed it. Honestly, I had no idea that volleyball plays such a big part in your life! That's (one of the many things) I love about blogging: you learn so much about a person. I'm excited to follow along!
    xo Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Miriam! I appreciate all the support :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I got married on San Juan Island and then honeymooned in British Columbia (Sidney and Victoria), so I have such a fondness for that area of the country! It's beautiful.

    How awesome that you played volleyball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that I've ever been to Sidney, B.C., but anywhere on Vancouver Island is truly beautiful! I am so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful scenery.
      -Linds

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete