Tuesday, October 14, 2014

About me!

Hi All!

Welcome to my blog! No matter how you came to find it (whether by chance, or actually searching for me), I would love it if you stick around and check out some of my posts. I am super eager to hear comments & feedback so please don't hesitate.


Here's a little about me to get you started:
My name is Lindsay and I am 25 years old. I was born in Surrey, B.C. Canada, moved to Langley, B.C. when I was about four years old and grew up in the same family home until I was about 20 years old. 

I am the youngest of four girls, and we're all about 18 months from the next. Yes, my parents must have been busy, and yes, my poor dad living with five women in the house (especially when we were all PMSing teenagers).

(From left to right: Dianna (2nd youngest), Leigh (2nd oldest), Claudia (my mom), Bob (my dad), Me (youngest), Christina (oldest))

I grew up learning to ride motorcycles on camping trips with my dad (I think that was the closest my dad got to any of us having "boy-like" interests), but I also danced for pretty much all of my elementary school years (jazz, tap, ballet, lyrical, hip hip, musical theatre). I then started playing basketball in grade 6 and volleyball in grade 7. I was good at track and field and definitely had a competitive spirit which I'm pretty sure I got from my mom and her high school basketball career. 

Eventually in high school I focused my attention to volleyball, and to be honest the rest is kind of history. I met my now husband when I was about 19 years old, playing volleyball together (we still have yet to figure out exactly when it was that we actually started playing together). It was a few months after I turned 20 though, that we started dating, about 6 months after that we moved in together (yes, everyone warned me not to rush, and to be careful), and about four years after that we were happily married.

(November 30, 2013)


We now live in South Surrey (yes, we still just rent, but as soon as the school debt is paid off, we plan to get ourselves into the market), with our wonderful two cats, Bear & Mouse, and our newest addition, our puppy, Captain Axel.

I work as an X-ray Tech and spend most of my evenings playing volleyball (with and without my hubby). I tend to fill my days off with a variety of things like: taking the pup for long walks, constantly reorganizing my closet in an attempt to improve my fashion sense (I hope to eventually have some fashion posts, but honestly my sister Dianna got most of those skills), running, reading, and my newest past time, blogging. 

This definitely isn't everything but I don't want to ramble too much, so this is all for now. Hope you enjoyed and will be back to check out my upcoming blogging adventures!






5 comments:

  1. LOVE.IT!!! This is a great "About" page Lindsay! They are so difficult to write, and you nailed it. Honestly, I had no idea that volleyball plays such a big part in your life! That's (one of the many things) I love about blogging: you learn so much about a person. I'm excited to follow along!
    xo Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Miriam! I appreciate all the support :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I got married on San Juan Island and then honeymooned in British Columbia (Sidney and Victoria), so I have such a fondness for that area of the country! It's beautiful.

    How awesome that you played volleyball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that I've ever been to Sidney, B.C., but anywhere on Vancouver Island is truly beautiful! I am so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful scenery.
      -Linds

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete