Thursday, December 17, 2015

My First...

First kiss...

First love...nope, those are all waaay to obvious. ;)

Today I'm talking about how I purchased and tried my first protein powder. I decided to go with Vega based on the review from Samsamcherie's blog as well as from recommendations from my #FBfamily. I chose the all-in-one nutritional option, vanilla flavored. 

The more I've been working out, the more I've also become aware of my nutritional health, or lack thereof. Sure, I've impoved my portion awareness and I've also cut out a lot of processed foods, but I still haven't been getting my full fledged well rounded intake. By adding this protein powder to my daily consumption I'm finally getting my body the nutrients it's been craving for so long. 
(Vega One Nutritional Shake - please excuse my post workout sweaty face/hair) 
After my first taste here is the verdict:
I don't love it yet, but I definitely don't hate it either! I don't love the slight "chalky" texture (according to the hubby that's normal) , but the flavor is good so I think the texture will be well disguised if I blend it up in a smoothie, instead of just shaken with water. 

Do you have a favorite protein powder? 
-Linds. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried a protein powder, I'm curious how much of a difference it makes. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this one is a bit too "green" tasting for me, buuuuut, I really do love how full it makes me feel!
      -Linds

      Delete