Saturday, February 7, 2015

Strike back!

So you may recall my Belly Bulge  post from a few months ago where I was highly traumatized by the changes in my body shape do to my lack of physical activity. Well shortly after that I got my butt back in gear and was going to the gym pretty regularly. However, as usual, I quickly slipped back into my old habits of bumming around. I'd been blaming my new position at work (being on nights I constantly feel tired) but really, it was no excuse. 

Well I'm proud to announce that my motivation struck back! I've started jogging while I'm at the dog park with the pup and I also found three different "workout challenges" that I'm following. The workouts themselves aren't anything too extreme, but with the combination of the three of them I have a pretty well rounded workout. Another huge benefit/motivator for me is that even doing all three workouts combined, it only takes me about 30 minutes to complete them all (45mins if I'm moving really slowly), so it's a workout that I don't really have to "plan" to do, I can just squeeze it in right before jumping in the shower. 

Also, not to toot my own horn, "toot" "toot" but, I've even started to improve my eating habits. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm eating 100% healthy, but I am eating much more controlled portions. I've stopped just sitting down and eating an entire bag of chips (I still do it with popcorn, woops!), or an entire bar of chocolate in one brief sitting. Being on nights I thought it was going to make it a whole lot worse, but I think it has actually helped. I am eating at more predictable/scheduled times, instead of just out of boredom. 

I just finished week two of trying out these workouts so I thought I would post a progress pic.....here it goes (please don't judge):


(Two weeks after starting my combo workouts - p.s. don't mind the outfit, I was still in my pjs!)
That is all for today!
-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment