Tuesday, February 17, 2015

We found a place!

With 14 days to spare we finally secured a new rental suite to move into!

On Saturday I was able to breathe a sigh of relief after signing a year lease for a 2 bedroom, ground level suite along the South Surrey/White Rock border. The landlords are an absolutely delightful couple, who even after only a couple encounters I admire already!

Now that I know we have a good space to move into I can't wait to get started on getting the new place all set up and organized! I'm thinking I'm going to try a do a few posts on here for my new set up/decorating process, but I'll see how I feel after the actual moving process. Of course, I'm not looking forward to the packing part, or the physical moving part, but I am super excited to get everything placed in the new home. Deciding where to put which shelf, and which direction to angle the couch, and which cupboard should hold the plates vs. the glasses, etc. I find all very soothing. I hope to be able to share the experience with you guys here.

Pros about the new place:
It's ground-level which means lots of sunlight compared to most basement suites. It has two bedrooms, insuite laundry, a gas stove and fireplace, a dishwasher, a back door entrance which walks out right to the backyard. We have yard access and parking for both our vehicles, plus Mark's motorcycle. It's in an area we love, it's directly across the street from a large park and a pathway that heads directly to the beach. The dogpark is only a 3km walk away and the landlords are an absolute delight and are more than happy to accommodate the pets we have (two cats and a young dog). 

Cons about the new place:
There definitely are not too many, but there are a couple of items that we will just have to look past. It's definitely a bit of an older home, so curb appeal is not great (but who cares, we live on the inside, not the outside! heh) and currently the back yard is not fenced (should be complete my summer time), and the front driveway and entrance are facing a relatively busy street. Also, the landlords have a two and a half year old son so upstairs noise will take some getting used to. The place is also all hard floors (no carpet what so ever), so I'm either going to have to invest in some long term slippers, or spend a few bucks on some nice area rugs.

All in all, even considering all the stress I went through over the last couple of weeks, Mark and I are thrilled to get to move into somewhere new. 


(The first bit of packing)

Wish us luck with the rest of the move!
-Linds

P.s. I'd love any moving tips if you have any you want to share!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats, that's awesome! Sounds like a great find. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right- ground level is way better than basement!! Sounds like a good location too :) I used a few tips from this site: http://www.listotic.com/33-helpful-moving-tips-everyone-should-know/13/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great list Brieanne! I definitely am going to have to use some of those!!
      -Linds

      Delete
  3. You're right- ground level is way better than basement!! Sounds like a good location too :) I used a few tips from this site: http://www.listotic.com/33-helpful-moving-tips-everyone-should-know/13/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Best of luck on the move. The new place sounds AWESOME! Label, label, label boxes especially kitchen items :)

    ReplyDelete