Monday, June 13, 2016

Going To Bed Alone

Currently my position at work has me working unusually early hours, and therefore I am attempting to fall asleep at night at exceptionally early hours ie. before 9 pm. This is very challenging, especially in the bright sunshine that we've been having lately, but more so because, I miss the company of my husband in bed. Sure once in a while I loooooove having the bed to myself so that I can sprawl out and hog all the covers, but most of the time, I would much prefer the hubby's arms around me.

I don't know about you guys but I thrive on the closeness you get from knowing that no matter how my day goes, I get to fall asleep with my hubby every night. I take comfort in knowing that no matter how independent we are during the days, we always can always come together at night. Sadly though, because of this new shift schedule at work, I feel myself yearning for that closeness. Sure we still sleep in bed together, but he comes to bed much later, usually once I'm already asleep, and so that intimate cuddle time, being nestled tightly in his arms, just doesn't happen.

I know my hubby isn't intentionally neglecting me by not coming to bed with me. It would be silly for him to be going to bed before 9pm when he doesn't need to be up for work until way later than me the following day, but it's hard not to want him to come snuggle with me anyway. But then, the funny thing is, the odd time, when he does come to bed with me, I do notice I have a harder time falling asleep because I feel like we're crammed in the bed together. I don't want to get used to going to bed solo, like I said before, it's a nice treat once in a while, but I don't want to get in the habit of it, because that time together is so important. 

Do you have a preference on going to bed solo or not?
-Linds

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I am a big cuddler too so I love it when we go to bed at the same time. I hate going to bed without him! He's off every other Friday so that Th night when he gets to stay up I get all bitter..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah! It's funny how we slept alone for years growing up as kids n teens, and now it feels impossible to go to bed solo.
      Humans are funny creatures when it comes to personal intimacy!
      -Linds

      Delete