Thursday, May 5, 2016

Oatmeal/Eggwhite Pancake

Here is a recipe my sister recommended to me since I've been complaining about being insanely hungry all the time, now that I am exercising so frequently.

The only ingredients are (makes 1 large pancake):
-1/2cup of oats
-2/3cup of egg whites (about 3 large eggs)
-sprinkle of cinnamon
-drizzle of vanilla

Literally all you have to do is:
-combine ingredients together in a bowl
-pour into a frying pan
 -fry for approx. 4 mins
-flip
-fry for another 3 minutes or so (until golden)

This recipe is great because it's super quick, super easy (essential for my household), super filling, and super healthy (it's basically just egg whites and oatmeal)! Now, I do have to admit the pancake is a wee bit bland to taste (even with the added cinnamon & vanilla), however I've just been adding a handful of berries on top to sweeten it up, and it's delicious!

(Oateam/egg white pancake topped with blueberries)
If you're like me and struggling to find a healthy, filling snack, I highly recommend trying this out, and Ilet me know what you think!
-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment